VI News Staff 2 years ago
VINStaff Verified #worldnews

New evidence challenges the Pentagon’s account of a horrific attack as the US withdrew from Afghanistan

New video evidence uncovered by CNN significantly undermines two Pentagon investigations, the latest of which was released last week, into an ISIS-K suicide attack outside Kabul airport, during the American troop withdrawal from Afghanistan in August 2021.

The incident was a gruesome coda to America’s longest war, leaving dead 13 United States military service members and about 170 Afghans who were desperately seeking US help to flee the Taliban takeover of Kabul. For two years, the US military has insisted that the loss of life was caused by a single explosion, and that troops who reported coming under fire and returning it were likely confused in the chaotic aftermath, some suffering from the effects of blast concussion.

But video captured by a Marine’s GoPro camera that has not been seen publicly in full before shows there was far more gunfire than the Pentagon has ever admitted. A dozen US military personnel, who were on the scene and spoke to CNN anonymously for fear of reprisals, have described the gunfire in detail. One told CNN he heard the first large burst of shooting come from where US Marines were standing, near the blast site. “It wasn’t onesies and twosies,” the Marine said. “It was a mass volume of gunfire.”


READ MORE:

U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS WEATHER

Bordeaux Farmers Rastafari Fair Set for This Weekend

VI News Staff
4 months ago

Schneider Regional Medical Center Earns Full Joint Commission Accredit...

VI News Staff
4 months ago

In Puerto Rico, couple face trial after refusing to comply with Covid...

A couple in Puerto Rico now faces trial on charges of refusing to comply with executive or...

VI News Staff
4 years ago

Government Makes Initial Payment to Pafford Medical Services Amid $10...

VI News Staff
1 year ago

UB40 to Headline Blue Horizon Concert on August 18 at UVI in St. Thoma...

VI News Staff
1 year ago